Tel: +44 ( 0 ) 1253 402678
How to Find Us...
Hangar 8 is located within the confines of Blackpool Airport which is situated at the end of the M55 motorway just off Squires Gate Lane.
- At the end of the M55 motorway, follow the left hand filter lane at the roundabout
- Follow the road for approximately 2 miles, crossing 1 roundabout and 4 sets of traffic lights
- Continue on the main road
- After the 4th set of traffic lights, Morrison's supermarket will be visible on your left
- Continue straight ahead to the next set of traffic lights
- Turn left at the traffic lights
- After turning left follow the road straight ahead through the bus lane (this saves you going around the airport's one way system)
- At the end of the bus lane turn right and then left towards the Blackpool Air Centre
- You will reach the car park barrier - take a ticket and we will stamp this for you when you leave. Parking at Hangar 8 is free.
- Continue straight ahead past the Air Cadets unit until you see a big blue hangar in front of you. You will find the entrance to Hangar 8 and our reception at the far end of the entry road opposite the car park.
By Public Transport
There are regular bus services to and from Blackpool Airport and the surrounding area which are available from outside the terminal building (approx. 5 minutes walk away from Hangar 8).
Further bus information is available from Traveline by calling 08706 082608
A sprinter train leaves Squires Gate Lane station every hour, at approximately 53 minutes past the hour, direct to Preston train station. From Preston there are regular rail links to the rest of the UK. Squires Gate Lane station is approximately five minutes walk from the airport. A train ticket can be purchased on the train.
Alternatively, regular trains run direct to Preston station from Blackpool North train station which is approximately 10 minutes from the airport by taxi.
For more information on train services and times please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk or call 08457 484950.